Please join us for an OVERNIGHT Splitboard Trip at the VIC BC FESTIVAL, Mt Hotham (VIC), open to any & all friends.
Please note this is not a Guided Tour, but rather an opportunity for like-minded folk to come and experience Splitboarding & Snow Camping, with people who are experienced on that terrain.
This is a weather dependant OVERNIGHT Trip, however, the scheduled dates are Sept 4&5.
During this overnight trip, we will be familiarizing the participants with Snow Camping, as well as the backcountry terrain behind Mount Hotham. To be eligible to join us on this trip, participants are required to fulfill the following prerequisites;
- to be intermediate and above in their riding ability
- to be familiar with the splitboard equipment they are using
- to have completed an AST1 (Avalanche Skills Training) Course
- to carry an Avalanche Beacon, Probe, Shovel
- to carry all the necessary gear for overnight snow camping (sleeping bag, sleeping matt, tent, food, first aid kit, etc)
On top of the riding & camping, we will also crown a participant as the Inaugural Lets Split CAMP OUT MVP - who will receive a lifetime supply of Let's Split respect, a Let's Split Camp Out Trophy, and a special mystery prize. To crown this MVP, we will be conducting the following 4 backcountry safety exercises;
- 'tour mode' to 'split mode' race (fastest splitboard change over wins)
- beacon retrieval race (fastest to locate the buried backpack/beacon wins)
- probe assembly race (fastest probe assembly wins)
- Team Snovelling Race (fastest team to dig out a buried backpack wins - note: team selection will be drawn randomly)
Group Size = 8 people max